By Brandy O’Neill
This fresh spring pea soup is filled with fresh spring flavors such as mint, thyme and leeks. It’s prepared in under 30 minutes and is perfect on its own or served with a slice of crusty bread and a dollop of crème fraiche.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large leaks sliced, just the white and light green parts
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 32 ounce container chicken or vegetable stock
- 28 ounces baby sweet peas frozen
- 1/3 cup mint leaves packed and roughly chopped
- Crème fraîche (optional)
- In a large skillet set over medium heat add unsalted butter.
- Once the butter is melted add leeks and sauté until soft, about 8 minutes. Add in minced garlic, thyme leaves, salt and pepper. Sauté for another minute or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Increase the heat to high and pour in chicken or vegetable stock. Bring to a slight boil and stir in frozen peas.
- Let the peas cook for 2 minutes, stir in mint leaves and remove pan from the heat.
- Add half the pea mixture to the container of a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth and pour into 3.5-quart saucepan. Puree remaining pea mixture following the same direction.
- Warm pea soup over medium low heat until hot.
- Enjoy plain or with a dollop of crème fraîche.
Other recipes you might like