Fresh herbs and spices perk up this simple classic breaded chicken recipe.
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp fresh basil finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme finely chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil (more as needed)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, basil, thyme and garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, crack the three eggs and then using a whisk, beat well.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Dredge each chicken breast first through the egg, then through the breadcrumb mixture. Carefully lay the chicken breast in the skillet. Avoid overcrowding the chicken, so it cooks evenly.
- Cook chicken for 7 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 7 minutes.
- Drain any excess oil by placing chicken breasts on paper towels before serving.
Other recipes you might like