by the Circulon Culinary Team
Roasted Habanero Salsa lends authentic Tex Mex flavors to any meal.
- 3 habanero peppers whole
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 1 white onion peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 small handful oregano leaves fresh
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat and add peppers; press down on peppers, making sure to char all sides.
- Remove charred peppers from skillet. When cool enough to handle, discard stems and finely chop.
- Chop onion and garlic cloves.
- Add the onions, garlic, chopped peppers and a large pinch of salt to the skillet. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until the onions start to brown, about 6 minutes. Allow to cool.
- While the vegetables cool, stem and chop the tomatoes.
- Finely chop the herbs.
- Toss the tomatoes and herbs with the cooled vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Other recipes you might like