By Sally James
An unusual way to prepare oysters, the moist plump and salty mollusc actually works wonderfully in these mini spring rolls, contrasting with the crisp wrapper and hot sweet dipping sauce.
- SPRING ROLLS
2 tablespoons ginger finely grated
2 tablespoons coriander fresh chopped
1 tablespoon chives or green onion finely chopped
1 teaspoon lime or lemon juice
5 sheets spring roll pastry or 20 won ton wraps
20 oysters freshly shucked
peanut or canola oil for brushing
- DIPPING SAUCE
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
2 teaspoons palm sugar or regular sugar
1-2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk the dipping sauce ingredients together in small bowl to dissolve sugar and set aside.
- Combine the ginger, coriander, chives and juice in a small bowl.
- Lay out a sheet of spring roll wrap and cut into 4 or lay out a won ton wrap. (Keep the remainder of the pastry, covered, under a clean damp tea towel while working to prevent drying out.)
- Place an oyster on the centre of each and top with a little of the ginger mixture.
- Brush edges with water and wrap as for a spring roll. Place, seam side down, on a lightly oiled or lined baking tray and brush lightly with oil.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately with the dipping sauce.
Other recipes you might like