By Jocelyn Brubaker
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1-1.5 quart carton strawberry ice cream
- 1-1.5 quart carton vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 cup cool whip
- pink sprinkles
- chocolate curls
- In a small saucepan melt the butter over low heat. Stir in the cocoa powder and set aside. Beat the eggs until light in color. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat again. Add about 1/4 cup of the melted butter and chocolate into the eggs stirring constantly. Now add the rest of the melted chocolate and beat again.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder and slowly add to the egg mixture. Do not over beat.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper in the the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Pour the batter into the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Let cool completely. Open the sides of the springform pan to loosen the brownie edges. Do not remove the brownie. Close the pan again.
- Place the strawberry ice cream on the counter for 15 minutes. Stir until it is spreadable but not melted. Spoon it onto the brownie crust. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Repeat with the vanilla ice cream. Spoon and spread over the strawberry ice cream layer. Freeze completely.
- Use a hot butter knife to run around the edges of the ice cream and brownie to loosen it from the pan. Remove the sides of the springform pan. Top the cake with the Cool Whip, sprinkles, and chocolate curls. Cut into 12 wedges. Serve immediately
Other recipes you might like