Great for Father's Day, other occasions, or just for the pure eating pleasure of it!
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup of quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, vegetable oil, or melted butter, plus more for frying
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your largest, heaviest MEYER non-stick skillet or griddle over medium-low heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, oats, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt, evenly distributing the finer powders amidst the coarser ones.
- In a second bowl with the same whisk, mix together the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Switch to a wooden spoon and with just a few quick strokes stir the wet ingredients into the dry until a smooth batter forms.
- Lightly coat the pan with a splash of vegetable oil. Spoon in the batter, making pancakes any size or shape you want. Cook until the bottom of the pancakes are golden brown and holes appear on the top. Flip with a flourish and marvel at the gentle rise, the promise of a fluffy, tender interior. Continue cooking until the underside is also golden brown. Serve and share with lots of bacon maple syrup. If need be you can hold the finished pancakes in a preheated 200 degree oven while you finish up.
Other recipes you might like