By Joanne Weir
This appetizer is a sophisticated, yet simple to prepare, dish that’s rich with luscious flavors of Fontina cheese, Italian sausage and Italian parsley
- 1/2 pounds pound hot Italian sausage casings removed
- 5 ounces grated Fontina, crumbled robiola or taleggio cheese
- 1 tsp fennel seed coarsely ground moulues
- 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley chopped
- salt to taste
- 12 slices rustic coarse-textured bread cut into 2 to 3-inch serving pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Crumble the sausage in a bowl. Add the crumbled cheese, fennel seeds, parsley and salt to taste.
- Spread onto the bread, distributing evenly.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven until golden and crispy, 15 minutes.
Other recipes you might like