By Marge Perry and David Bonom
Perfect to pack for lunches or to serve on a buffet table at a warm weather gathering, this classic salad is also a wonderful use for leftover (skinless) chicken.
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chives chopped
- 1 tablespoon tarragon chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, reduce heat to medium and simmer, turning occasionally, until a thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers 160°F. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and cool 10 minutes.
- Combine the mayonnaise, chives, tarragon, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Cut cooled chicken into 1/2 inch pieces and transfer to a bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise mixture and celery; mix well.
Other recipes you might like