Get ready for the big game with a pot full of hearty goodness. With chipotles in the mix you can count on lots of smoky spicy flavour without too much heat!
- 8 thick slices of bacon, cut into shorter thinner pieces
- 2 onions, diced
- 4 or 5 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 2 lbs. of medium ground beef
- 2 28-oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 19-oz cans of black or red kidney beans, rinsed and well drained
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- To serve
- Sour cream
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
- Toss the bacon and a big splash of water into a large Meyer Dutch Oven or Stock Pot over medium-high heat. Cook, render and crisp the works until fully browned, evenly crispy and thoroughly delicious, 10 minutes or so. Stir in the onions, garlic, spices and oregano, cooking until fragrant and bright, a few minutes.
- Toss in the beef and a can of tomatoes and stir until thoroughly combined. Add the remaining ingredients and briefly bring to a full furious boil before reducing to a slow steady simmer. Cook, covered, until tender and delicious, an hour or so. Serve and share!
Other recipes you might like