By Marge Perry & David Bonom
These addictive sweet, spicy and smoky wings are a cinch to make, but be warned: they will disappear as quickly as you put them out, so make more than you think you need!
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 pounds chicken wings, wing tips removed and split at the joint
- 1 cup cherry preserves
- chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly oil 2 baking sheet pans.
- Combine the paprika, garlic powder, cumin and salt in a bowl; toss with the wings.
- Combine the preserves, chipotle peppers and juice in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool 5 minutes. Pour 1/2 of the preserve mixture over the wings and toss well to coat.
- Arrange the wings in a single layer on the baking sheet pans. Bake 15 minutes; rotate the pans in the oven and bake another 10 minutes. Brush the wings with the remaining preserve mixture and bake an additional 5 minutes, until the glaze is set.
Other recipes you might like