By Ingrid Gangestad
The shortbread crust provides a base for a caramely pumpkin cheesecake. Top it off with a sprinkle of sea salt an indulgent dessert.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) caramels unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (Français) paquet (8 oz) cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin canned
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon spice pumpkin pie
- 2 teaspoons milk
- flaked sea salt if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F. In medium bowl, beat butter and 1/4th cup sugar with electric mixer until blended. Stir in flour until crumbly. Press firmly into 8-inch square pan. Bake 15 minutes or until golden and firm. Reduce oven to 350°F.
- Place all but 8 caramels in microwavable bowl. Add 2 tablespoons milk. Microwave on High 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring halfway through, until melted. Pour over baked crust.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add pumpkin, egg and pumpkin pie spice; beat until well blended. Pour over caramel mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- To serve, in microwavable bowl, heat remaining caramels with the 2 teaspoons milk 30 seconds; stir. Microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring until melted. Drizzle caramel over dessert dishes; cut cheesecake into 3 rows by 3 rows. Place squares over caramel drizzle. Top with flaked sea salt, if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Refrigerate until served. Otherwise, the cheesecake layer will slip off the caramel.
Other recipes you might like