By Marge Perry and David Bonom
This lovely salad is as delicious as it is good for you. The peach tea dressing is just fruity enough to stand up to the kale without overwhelming it. And we love this dressing that delivers such great flavor with so little oil!
- 1 Yogi Peach Detox tea bag
- 2 green onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil toasted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 cups baby kale
- 8 cup carrots shredded
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced soaked in cold water for 10 minutes; drained
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced soaked in cold water for 10 minutes; drained
- Bring 1/2 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Pour into a small cup and add the tea bag; let steep 10 minutes. Discard the tea bag and let the tea cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Combine 3 tablespoons of the cooled tea (the rest may be discarded), green onion, honey, lemon juice, ginger and salt in a small bowl. Whisk in the oil and sesame seeds.
- Combine the kale, carrots and red onion in a bowl. Pour in the tea mixture and toss well to coat. Divide the salad among 4 plates and serve immediately
Other recipes you might like