A comforting, creamy twist on classic beef chili.
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups cans chicken broth
- 1 (7 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh corn
- 2 (15 oz) cans white kidney beans
- 2 shredded or chopped, boneless cooked chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Heat olive oil in a 6.5L Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onions and carrots, sauté 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute longer.
- Add chicken broth, green chilies, cumin, paprika, oregano, coriander, cayenne pepper, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring mixture just to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Drain and rinse beans in a mesh strainer or colander - measure out 1 cup. Set whole beans aside and transfer 1 cup beans to a food processor along with 1/4 cup broth from soup, puree until nearly smooth.
- Add cream cheese to soup along with corn, whole beans, and pureed beans - stir well. Simmer 5 - 10 minutes longer.
- Stir in chicken and fresh lime juice.
Serve with Havarti cheese, avocado slices, and fresh rolls if desired.
Other recipes you might like