By the Circulon Culinary Team
A rich seasonal pastry made with crisp fall apples, toasted almonds, and mascarpone cheese.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 crisp fall seasonal apples peeled, cored and diced
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (separated)
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup Grade B (separated)
- 1 4 ounce package almonds slivered
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese
- 12 2.5 ounces tart shells such as DuFour Pastry Cups
- APPLE FILLING
Toast the almonds in a dry skillet over medium heat, or on a sheet pan in the oven at 350°F, until just golden brown.
Heat an open skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add 2 tablespoons of butter.
Add the apples and sauté until the liquid is released and they are golden brown, about 5-8 minutes. Season with salt and cinnamon. Add zest and juice from lemon. Reduce heat to medium-low.
Add 2 tablespoons grade B maple syrup, toss in with cooked apples to glaze.
- DUFOUR PASTRY CUPS
Bake to package directions.
Mix 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 tablespoon grade B maple syrup into 8 ounce package of mascarpone.
Put mascarpone in a re-sealable zipper storage bag and cut corner for piping.
Fill tart shells half way with mascarpone mixture.
Spoon the cooked spiced apple mixture into cups and top with slivered almonds.
Other recipes you might like