By the Circulon Culinary Team
Warm up your home with the scent of orange citrus, vanilla and sweet potato. This sweet loaf is a loving dish for any family gathering.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon mace
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons orange zest grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sweet potatoes cooked, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and mace.
- Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating after each addition.
- Mix in the orange rind, vanilla, and sweet potato. Add the flour mixture gradually, beating until just combined.
- Turn the dough into 9”x5” loaf pan. Bake 1 hour or until a tester comes out clean.
Other recipes you might like