By Ingrid Gangestad
Browned butter gives this hummus a nutty, decadent flavor.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 15 ounces can pumpkin
- 1 cup cooked garbanzo beans (from 15 ounce can)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika or sumac
- Chopped fresh parsley if desired
- Pita wedges or fresh vegetables, such as carrots, celery sticks or bell pepper strips
- Heat butter in small skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until butter is light brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- In bowl of food processor, blend pumpkin, garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, paprika and the browned butter until smooth. Spoon into serving bowl or plate; sprinkle with additional paprika and parsley. Serve with pita wedges or fresh vegetables.
Other recipes you might like