By Rosemary Mark
Use refrigerated or frozen shredded potatoes to make these veggie packed hash browns in minutes. Or stir together the night before and have ready in the refrigerator to cook for breakfast.
- 2 cups shredded potatoes refrigerated or frozen
- 1 cup 1 cup kale leaves cut in thin strips and packed
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/4 tsp salt
- fresh black pepper ground
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a medium bowl. Stir well to combine. If using frozen potatoes, let stand 5-10 minutes for potatoes to thaw slightly. (Can cover and refrigerate up to 12 hours before cooking).
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Stir potato mixture again. Scoop two or three 1/4 cup mounds into skillet and flatten to make 3-4-inch hash browns. Cook on medium-low heat 3-4 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through, turning once. Repeat with remaining oil and potato mixture. Serve warm
Other recipes you might like