By Meghan McGarry
A favorite childhood treat gets a sweet upgrade with the addition of chocolate hazelnut spread. Drizzle each treat with chocolate and a sprinkle of sea salt for the ultimate treat.
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 10.5 ounces (1 bag) mini marshmallows
- 1 cup Nutella or chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate or white chocolate chips
- coarse sea salt
- Oil or butter a 9 "x 13" dish or line the dish with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in the saucepan over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir continuously until they melt.
- Add vanilla extract, Nutella and a pinch of salt; stir to combine.
- Add the cereal and stir until they are all covered, remove from heat
- Spread the mixture in an even layer in the dish. (Tip: To prevent cereals from sticking in your hands, lightly coat your hands with oil or butter before placing the mixture in the dish.)
- Let the mixture sit until firm
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the squares. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- cut into squares
Other recipes you might like