by Jacquelyn Buchanan
- 12 large white or crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups Laura Chenel's Chef's Chèvre
- 1 cup basil pesto (purchased, or your own favourite recipe)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, (toasted for about 5 minutes in a 350°F oven - watch carefully)
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 basket of cherry tomatoes (sun golds are a personal favourite), topped off and rinsed
- 1 bunch radishes rinsed and topped and tailed (if you prefer - or if tops are nice, leave them on)
- Wipe mushrooms clean of debris with a damp paper towel and break off stems.
- Toss mushrooms with olive oil, salt and pepper, roast top down in a 350°F oven for 5 minutes.
- Turn mushrooms upside down and drain moisture that has gathered inside the cup of the mushroom.
- Mix Chef’s Chèvre with pesto using a whisk or spatula.
- Fill mushrooms with a scoop of mixture (can use spoon or cookie scoop), divide evenly among the mushrooms.
- Put mushrooms under a medium broiler until cheese browns – 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toss greens with your favorite vinaigrette and distribute over bottom of plate as a “liner.”
- Place mushrooms on plate, garnish with radishes and cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with pine nuts.
Other recipes you might like