By Sara O’Donnell
This IPA Fondue is a nod to fondue parties of the 70s… because drinking India Pale Ale is every bit as hipster today, as fondue was back then!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 12-ounce India Pale Ale room temperature
- 1 tbsp dark molasses
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Gruyère
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and olive oil.
- Whisk in flour and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly to make a roux. Roux should be a dark, golden caramel color.
- Slowly add beer and bring to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until mixture thickens.
- Add Worcestershire, molasses and cayenne, stirring thoroughly.
- Add cheese 1 cup at a time, thoroughly melting cheese after each addition.
- Whisk fondue until it is smooth and pour into fondue pot to serve.
Other recipes you might like