By Cypress Grove
Placed atop fresh salad greens, there’s nothing better. This delicious little disc can also be served on hot pasta marinara, or can be served on garlic toasts as an appetizer
- 6 ounces chevre
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh or dry breadcrumbs
- Shape or cut chevre into 4 equal pieces about ½-inch thick. Set on paper towels for about 30 minutes to dry.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Combine herbs and crumbs.
- Brush cheese with oil, then roll in crumb mix.
- Pour remaining oil into a shallow baking dish, then place coated chevre in dish. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool about 5 minutes to firm. Serve on top of mixed greens, on garlic croutons, or top pasta with a tomato-based sauce and baked chevre
Other recipes you might like